Foreword by President
Chairman, Organizing Committee
Joytirmoy School of Law
Jyotirmoy School of Law is an initiative of Jyotirmoy Education & Welfare Foundation which was established in the year 2008. Jyotirmoy School of Law aims to attract the best talents among the aspiring students who shall be admitted in accordance with the rules and regulations of the University of Calcutta and the Bar Council of India.
India's population has crossed 100 crore and it is gaining advantage out of globalization especially making commendable progress in economic as well as education sector. Opportunities for skilled man power have increased manifold and it is estimated that by the year 2020 there will be a shortage of 5 million skilled man power in the service sector alone. India being the largest democracy in the world is also home to the largest English speaking population in the world. Only 13 to 15 % of the high school graduates get access to university education and it is said that only 10% of graduates are employable. These figures are dismally low compared to any world figures.
It was therefore felt a necessity to set up an educational complex where in education could be imparted from Kinder Garten levels till Post Graduation to meet the challenges thrown up by the changing global scenario. As a result of my involvement in the field of education and technology for the last two decades I dreamt of establishing a premier institute of Law which will not only enhance a students theoretical knowledge but also provide more than adequate Industry interface, absolutely modern methodology, qualified, dynamic and committed teaching staff and above all constant upgradation. It shall take advantage of the opportunities thrown open due to globalization. It shall also encourage students' activities both curricular and extra curricular which are tuned to the subject of studies prescribed by the university and which are also necessary to make a law graduate professionally competent and socially committed.
The Law school aspires to attract the best of talent from among the teachers and the taught. I take this opportunity to assure full support from us at Jyotirmoy Education and Welfare Foundation to develop the school of law into one of the premier institutions not only in this part of the country but in the whole world in the years to come.
- Graduation Ceremony to be held on 31st May at Jyotirmoy Knowledge Park.
- Online Form Submission : 1/6/2017 to 15/6/2017. Log on to http://www.caluniv.ac.in/
- Application Fees Payment : (Instant through Debit/Credit Card, Through Bank Challan at SBI Branches) 1/6/2017 to 16/6/2017.
- Online Admit card Download : 21/6/2017 to 24/6/2017
- Entrance Test : 25/6/2017 (Sunday)
- Entrance Test overall Merit List & category wise seat capacity : 30/6/2017.
- Online Admission slip Download : Published in due course.
- Moot court Competition : 25th-26th May.
- Mock Parliament : 31st May.
- Formation of New student Council : 5th June.
- Environment day(celebration post) : 6th June.
- Legal awareness Programme on Anti-child labour day : 7th June.
- Intra-college debate competition : 16th June.
- Alumni Meet : 24th June.
- Nimbu-Pani Distribution : 27th June.
- Guest Lecture : 30th June.
- Workshop by red-cross society : 3rd July.
- Intra-college legal extempore : 4th July.
- Intra College Moot court competition : 7th July.
- One day training Programme on soft skills & interview skills : 14th July.
- Independence day celebration : 15th August.
- Guest Lecture : 15th September.
- Publication of Wall magazine : 22nd September.