CURBING THE MENACE OF RAGGING IN HIGHER EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS
It is brought to the notice of the Institutions, students and other various stakeholders that ragging is a criminal offence and UGC has framed regulations, on curbing the menace of ragging in higher educational institution, in order to prohibit, prevent and eliminate the scourge of ragging. The regulations have been notified vide
No. F. 1-16/2009 (CPP-II) dated 21.10.2009 and are available on UGC website www.ugc.ac.in
The above mentioned regulations are mandatory and shall apply to all universities established or incorporated by or under a Central Act, a Provincial Act or a State/Union Territory Act and all Institutions recognized by or affiliated to such universities and all Institutions deemed to be Universities under Section (3) of the UGC
Act, 1956 with effect from 4th July, 2009 i.e. the date of its Publication in the official gazette.
JSL Objectives in terms of ragging - To root out ragging in all its courses from the institution by prohibiting it by law preventing its occurrence by following the provisions of the Regulations and punishing those who indulge In ragging as provided for in these rules and the appropriate law in force.
The Anti ragging committee - The anti ragging committee shall be headed by the head of the institution and shall consist of representatives of faculty members, parents, student belonging to the fresher’s category as well as seniors and non- teaching staff. It shall monitor the anti ragging activities in the institution, believing the good words of the anti ragging squad and take appropriate decisions, including spelling out suitable punishments to those found guilty.
Jyotirmoy School of Law
Jyotirmoy Knowledge Park,
It is a mandate as per the Hon. Supreme Court &UGC/AICTE Regulations that all students fill in an Anti Ragging Affidavit, each year. To make the process easy MHRD has developed an ONLINE Facility.
Affidavits can be filled ONLINE at:
- Graduation Ceremony to be held on 31st May at Jyotirmoy Knowledge Park.
- Online Form Submission : 1/6/2017 to 15/6/2017. Log on to http://www.caluniv.ac.in/
- Application Fees Payment : (Instant through Debit/Credit Card, Through Bank Challan at SBI Branches) 1/6/2017 to 16/6/2017.
- Online Admit card Download : 21/6/2017 to 24/6/2017
- Entrance Test : 25/6/2017 (Sunday)
- Entrance Test overall Merit List & category wise seat capacity : 30/6/2017.
- Online Admission slip Download : Published in due course.
- Moot court Competition : 25th-26th May.
- Mock Parliament : 31st May.
- Formation of New student Council : 5th June.
- Environment day(celebration post) : 6th June.
- Legal awareness Programme on Anti-child labour day : 7th June.
- Intra-college debate competition : 16th June.
- Alumni Meet : 24th June.
- Nimbu-Pani Distribution : 27th June.
- Guest Lecture : 30th June.
- Workshop by red-cross society : 3rd July.
- Intra-college legal extempore : 4th July.
- Intra College Moot court competition : 7th July.
- One day training Programme on soft skills & interview skills : 14th July.
- Independence day celebration : 15th August.
- Guest Lecture : 15th September.
- Publication of Wall magazine : 22nd September.