Legal Aid Clinic
The purpose of establishing Legal Aid Clinic is to impart clinical legal education as a part of practical training programme devised by the Bar Council of India and is also linked with State Legal Services Authority to encourage the students to commit to social service to help the weaker sections of the community. The clinic is fully functioning and has four specialized divisions. It is also a Family Counselling and Arbitration Center and serves as:
- Legal services to the poor, advice and Litigative Assistance to individual clients.
- Law Enforcement Assistance Division.
- Legislative Research Support Cell.
- Public Participation and Education Project.
“Jyotirmoy Legal Aid Clinic” is a collaborative collegiate programme of the District Legal Services Authority, South 24 Parganas, WB. It is linked with NALSA Scheme. “Jyotirmoy Legal Aid Clinic” has been privileged to educate the Para-Legal Volunteers who are assigned by the DLSA, South 24 Parganas, WB. It has been contributing towards the cause of the vulnerable and the downtrodden sections of the society. Persons entitled to get free legal aid services are as follows:
- Woman or child;
- Member of Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribe;
- An industrial labour;
- Victim of Trafficking in human beings, or, beggar as referred to under Art.23 (1) of the Constitution;
- Mentally challenged person, or, physically disabled person;
- Victim of mass disaster, ethnic violence, caste atrocity, flood, drought, earthquake or industrial disaster;
- A person, who is in custody in a protective home, or, in a juvenile home, or, in a psychiatric hospital, or, psychiatric nursing home;
- A male having annual income of less than Rs. 1Lac, if the case is before any Court other than the Supreme Court, and, having annual income of less than Rs. 1.25Lac, if the case is before the Supreme Court.
“Jyotirmoy legal Aid Clinic” organizes legal awareness programmes bi-annually in the nearby villages. The clinic is expected to contribute significantly to the development of legal education in West Bengal and Kolkata in particular and make the legal education imparted in the school of law more practical, socially useful, professionally relevant and intellectually challenging.
- Legal Awareness Camp : 21st May
- Alumni Meet : Last Week of May
- School orientation and career counseling : Date Yet to be decided
- Online Form Submission: 01/06/2019 to 19/06/2019
- Online Form Submission: 01/06/2019 to 19/06/2019
- Application Fees Payment (Through Bill Desk) : by Debit/Credit Card/Net Banking 01/06/2019 to 19/06/2019
- Entrance Test Overall Merit List & Category wise seat capacity : 05/07/2019.
- E-Counselling: 1st Phase 09/7/2019 5 P.M. onward
2nd Phase 17/07/2019 5 P.M. onward
3rd Phase 26/07/2019 5 P.M. onward
- Online Admission Slip Download
After each Phase of E-Counselling Admission : 1st Phase 10/7/19 to 12/7/19
2nd Phase 18/07/19 to 22/7/19
3rd Phase 27/07/19 to 31/7/19
- Enviroment Day Celebration(Pre Celebration) : 5th June
- Legal Awareness Programme on Anti-Child Labour Day : 7th June
- Intra College Debate Competition : 15th June
- Moot Court Competition : 21-22 June
- Formation of New Student Council : Last Week of June
- One day training Programme on soft skills & interview skills Date Yet to be decided
- Doctor's Day : 1st July
- Intra College Legal Extempore : 4th July
- Intra College Moot Court Competition : Date Yet to be decided
- Independence Day Celebration : 15-08-2019
- Guest Lecture : Date Yet to be decided
- Supreme Court Visit/ Excursion : 25-31st October
- Guest Lecture: Date Yet to be decided
- Legal Aid camp: 16th November
- Law Day Celebration (Legal Aid Camp) : 20th November
- Anweshan 2019 : 1st Week of December
- Human Right Day Celebration( Rally) : 10th December
- Vivekananda Jayanti: 12th January
- Students Excursion: 15th to 20th January
- Netaji's Birthday: 23rd January
- Republic Day: 26th January
- Guest Lecture/Workshop: 6th February
- Good Luck card &Leaflet distrubution Programme for H.S. examinees : 3rd &4th Week of February
- Parent Teachers meeting : 14 & 15th February
- Holi(Pre Celebration) Rangoli Competition : 20th March
- Mock-Parliament : 18th April
- Moot Court Competition: 25-26 Apr
- Nimbu Pani Distribuction : 2nd May
- Guest Lecture : 2nd May
- Inauguration of Wall Magazine "Impression" : 2nd May
- Mock Parliament : 8th May
- Rabindra Jayanti : 9th May
- Moot Court Competition : 16th & 17th May
Legal Aid Events
- LEGAL AWARENESS PROGRAMME
- LEGAL AID CAMP
- POST LAW DAY CELEBRATION
- ANTI-CHILD LABOUR DAY
- PADA YATRA
- CYCLE RALLY
- On 1st June 2015 a Legal Awareness Programme with para legal volunteers was held in village Chandaneshwar, Gram Panchayat II.
- On 26th November, 2015 Sri Arijit Mukhopadhay, Secretary, DLSA, South 24 Parganas was personally present with us to carry the legal awareness programme in vollage Raipur, Gram Panchayat I.
- On 5th May, 2017, a Legal Awareness Programme with para legal volunteers was held in village Natagachi, Gram Panchayat I.
- On 20th December, 2017, a Legal Awareness Programme with para legal volunteers was held in village Chunaripota, Gram Panchayat I.
- On 22nd April, 2016 Sri Arijit Mukhpadhay, Secretary, DLSA, South 24 Parganas was personally present with us to carry the Legal Aid Camp in village Shahebpur under Kalikapur, Gram Panchayat II.
- On 3rd November, 2016 Sri Arijit Mukhpadhay, Secretary, DLSA, South 24 Parganas was personally present with us to carry the Legal Aid Camp in village Beniabou under Kalikapur, Gram Panchayat II.
- On 29th November, 2016 on the occasion of Post Law Day celebration Jyotirmoy School of Law organized a Legal Awareness Camp at Kalikapur Gram Panchayat I.
- On 20th December, 2017 on the occasion of Post Law Day celebration Jyotirmoy School of Law organized a Legal Awareness Camp at Kalikapur Gram Panchayat-1.
- On 7TH June, 2016 a Legal Awareness Camp was organized to celebrate Anti- Child Labour day by Sub-Divisional Legal Services Committee, Baruipur, South 24 Parganas at Jyotirmoy School of Law.
- On 26th June, 2017 a Legal Awareness Camp was organized to celebrate Anti- Child Labour day by Sub-Divisional Legal Services Committee, Baruipur, South 24 Parganas at Jyotirmoy School of Law.
Jyotirmoy School of law conducted a “Padayatra” to create legal awareness amongst the people in the month of January 2014. The yatra commenced from JKP campus and passed through 20 villages covering 50 kilometers. The students participated in the yatra and has spread the message of Environment protection, Right to Education, Dowry prohibition etc.
A group of 50 students on bicycle with posters and a team of faculty member participated in a cycle rally organized by Jyotirmoy School of law on January 8 2014. The rally commenced from JKP campus and passed through 10 villages covering 15 km. the rally was flag off by Smt Vanita Ganguli, COO and head of corporate communications. The rally was organized to educate people about their basic legal rights. Students distributed pamphlets relating to free legal aids.
Jyotirmoy School of law conducted organized legal awareness exhibition on JSL campus on January 09 2014. The exhibition lifted “Universal Education on Legal terms”, focused on different legal issues. The exhibition was unfolded by Smt Vanita Ganguli, COO and head of corporate communications. The students and visitors highly praised and expressed their pleasure to witness the exhibition. The exhibition will be updated time to time based on modern day issues.